As a Trust we are committed to treating people equally, fairly and with respect. We will take steps to improve the accessibility of our services both in employment and service provision.
Why is an Equal Opportunities strategy important?
Our equality strategy will set the framework of our service delivery and employment for the Trust by:
- Ensuring that its policies and decisions are consistent with the promotion of equality and the valuing of diversity;
- Providing services which are fully accessible to and sensitive to the needs all sections of the community;
- Ensuring that all employment opportunities are open to all staff and job applicants are not discriminated against unfairly when applying for a job or promotion;
- Ensuring that staff are not discriminated against whilst working for the Trust;
- Valuing the diversity of the staff who work for it at all levels, its patients and service users, the community it serves and the Trust will respond positively and sensitively to that diversity;
- Challenge unlawful and unfair discrimination and inequality where it may exist in any of the Trust’s activities, and take steps to avoid the possibility of discrimination occurring in the first place